International Law & Contracting
Presented by Bas Ort
To be confirmed
Royal Cape Yacht Club
This course focuses on effectively dealing with the legal issues surrounding the parties to a contract. Attendees are encouraged to bring up their own practices, questions, and issues they encounter. The following aspects will be covered:
- The formation of contracts in a national and international context
- General Terms and Conditions
- Letters of Intent
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Bank guarantees and Letters of Credit
- Urgent orders and the applicability of General Terms and Conditions thereto
Various specific clauses will be discussed, including:
- Liability and limitation/exclusion of liability
- Additional work and relevant specific regulations in combination with disruption discussions
- LD clauses
- Warranty clauses
- IP rights attached to design, drawings, etc.
- Transfer of title/Delivery
- Applicable law/Choice of forum clause (which court/arbitration)
Who should attend?
- Board members
- Directors / CEOs
- Project managers
- Procurement officials
- Sales representatives
- Contract negotiators
- Those involved in (international) contract negotiation and formation and, after the conclusion of the contract, the execution and monitoring thereof.
About the presenter
Bas Ort of Zwartbol Attorneys in the Netherlands, has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating varied national and international contracts. For many years now Bas has given numerous in-house courses at companies all over the world, including organisations such as Netherlands Maritime Technology Association, educational institute NEVI, and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).