For all your Maritime training & education needs
Our online e-learning platform caters for distance learning and face-to-face workshops, providing accredited education and training for Engineers, Seafarers and Maritime Executives.
Oceans Technology is committed to exploring new courses and material to provide you with the relevant qualifications to advance your career, at the best price from a trustworthy training partner.
And you can earn Continued Professional Development (CPD points) and gain a complete introduction to the core concepts of marine education.
Our courses tailored for you
Accredited education and training
Online eLearning platform
The continued strength of our distance learning programmes will see thousands of students enrolled on our courses this year including the popular and well established Diplomas in Marine Surveying, Ship Management and Postgraduate Diploma in Maritime Law. Various accreditation levels are available from short, online based certificate courses, through to fully academic accredited Diploma and Postgraduate Diplomas.
Where public programmes don’t suit your needs, In-company Corporate Training provides businesses with bespoke training solutions designed to meet company specific training requirements, aligned with enterprise goals and offered within the same rigorous quality framework as our public courses.
Whether it’s to improve your operational efficiency, reduce your costs, enhance your business potential, or widen your knowledge we have the training course for you. We have developed instructor led workshops focused on a client’s particular business challenges. Our courses are hosted nationwide and include various topics aligned to the Maritime Industry.
Maritime training & education
Global training programs
Why choose us?
Our global training programs, delivers quality based training which is compiled by the leaders in the industry. Are courses are cover a wide range of topics such Naval Architecture, Maritime Business Economics, Marine Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Dredging Engineering and Surveying.
Jako Laubscher heads up Oceans Technology Higher Education. He is an Experienced Naval Architect with a demonstrated history of working in the shipbuilding industry. Skilled in Pipelines, Oil & Gas, Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO), Maritime, and Finite Element Analysis. Strong research professional graduated who from University of Strathclyde. He is also the Managing Director of 6Sigma Naval Architects Pty (Ltd) www.6S.co.za
Jako’s qualifications include:
- Lead Naval Architect
- International Professional Engineer (IntPE)
- MRINA (CEng) – United Kingdom
- MSc -Naval Arch – United Kingdom
- BEng -Mech – South Africa
- Qualified Individual for the RMI
What we offer
If you are considering upskilling or benefiting from further education, we offer a variety of platforms for your training needs. Whether you are a graduate, manager or working independently, you can chose from distance learning, face to face workshops or simply follow our online tutorials over a period of time.
- RINA endorsed, ECUK CPD Registered, ECSA CPD registered and SAQA accredited courses
- We have worked with global partners to develop and source the most relevant and up-to-date global knowledge for sharing and collaboration
- We have developed instructor led workshops focused on a client’s particular business challenges
- We have developed courses with highly educated consultants, while concentrating on conveying practical skills and knowledge
- Implementing blended solutions which incorporate online learning platforms, including hosted corporate learning environments
The benefits of training with Oceans Technology
- Can be done anywhere, at any time – from your own computer or tablet
- Competitive pricing
- Explainer videos that detail the learning processes
- PDF slides
- Quizzes and memos
- Hand-outs on every topic
- Certificates for your success
- CAPS aligned